Sunday, April 29, 2012

There's Been a Murder!




They are EVERYWHERE. They're in the trees outside my bathroom window when I shower; they hover over the dumpsters and caw; they balance on walls, wires and branches; and in a group, they're called a murder. What are they? They're crows! I've had them on my list for a while now, and finally got around to doing the design. I'll admit, it didn't turn out quite how I wanted to, but I don't think they're too bad. Ilike the crow on my middle finger the best. (Gives a whole new meaning to 'flipping the bird,' right?) 




To get the gradient for the background of my nail, I used THIS tutorial from LaynieFinger's blog. :)








I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with American Apparel The Valley and American Apparel Mount Royal sponged over it. For the crows, I used American Apparel Hassid, then topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.