Sunday, April 29, 2012

Just My Type.




If you've been reading this blog for a while, or know me in person, you know that I'm a graphic designer. One of things I remember hearing more than once from one of my design professors, Linda (or was it Barb?  Fellow VC-ers, help me out), was that if you could choose only one typeface for the rest of your career, it better be Helvetica. 



Helvetica has gained a somewhat cult status, with apparel, documentaries, and millions of devotees. I was struggling with what nail design to do today to follow those pimple nails (really?!), and I was watching 'The Voice' (yeah, I know, I watch it to drool over Adam Levine) and saw something in the show that reminded me of Helvetica. It was then that I knew I had to add to the bevy of Helvetica-themed things, and paint on my nails the iconic name (and representation) of every designer's favorite typeface. This was actually semi-difficult, because I didn't want to mess up. That said, it's not perfect, but I tried to do it justice! :)








I used Nubar Stronghold as a base (this color applies like buttahhh, I've never used it as a base color before), with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On for the lettering. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite topcoat.


What's YOUR type(face)?  Pleeeeease don't say Comic Sans. (or Papyrus)