Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shut Yer Pie-HOLE!





Wow! It's finally here, March 14th! It's PIE day! I love pies, my favorite is definitely pumpkin pie, but lemon meringue is a very close second. I like making pies too. One time I was in a rush while making a lemon meringue pie, after I finished cooking the lemon curd, I poured it into the cooked pie crust. Then, forgetting that I had just pulled the crust out of a 400° oven, I grabbed it with bare hands to level out the filling. Needless to say, it hurt. :)  Anyway. To celebrate PIE day I dec....What?  It's PI day?!  Well, I guess that makes sense, 3.14 and all. Wait til 3/14/15, then it'll REALLY be Pi! 




Well, to celebrate Pi day, I painted PIE nails! WOO!













I used: 





Thumb: Blueberry pie 





Essie Bags to Riches as a base, shaded with a dash of H&M Rust, and a pinch of Barielle Coco Bar. For the pie filling I used Zoya Anja. I topped it off with Essie Matte About You, and used Seche Vite top coat to make the filling part shiny like real blueberry filling.





Index: Dutch Apple pie





Color Club Earthy Angel as a base, with American Apparel California Trooper, Essie Bags to Riches, H&M Rust, and Barielle Coco Bar sponged over it to make the crumb topping. Topped it off with a sponged on coat of Essie Matte About You.





Middle: Cherry pie





American Apparel Port as a base, with American Apparel California Trooper to make the lattice, and Essie Bags to Riches, H&M Rust, and Barielle Coco Bar to shade. Topped it off with a sponged on coat of Essie Matte About You, and Seche Vite top coat to make the pie filling shiny. 





Ring: Pumpkin pie





H&M Rust as a base, with Barielle Coco Bar and MAC Rich Dark Delicious sponged VERY lightly over it to make the speckles of the spices in the pie. I used white acrylic for the whipped cream, with a mixture of Lotus Herbals Pure White, ALDO Sea You in Ibiza, and American Apparel Hassid to shade it. Topped with Seche Vite top coat.





Pinky: Lemon Meringue pie





American Apparel Cotton as a base, shaded with MAC Rich Dark Delicious, Color Club Earthy Angel, and Essie Bags to Riches. Topped off with sponged Essie Matte About You.





It was like warm apple pi?