Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rusty Nail





Sorry, this isn't the Rusty Nail of the Drambuie and Scotch variety, or the kind that gives you tetanus, it's definitely the nail polish variety. :) I've always loved the look of rusty metal (unless it's on my car or a rollercoaster :)) and I've had this idea in my nail art idea notebook for a while now. I've always wanted to paint my walls with that paint that rusts, it looks rad. You paint the wall with this black primer, which had iron particles in it, then apply this solvent, and the whole wall transforms into every color of rust imaginable, it's pretty damn cool looking. I wonder how long it takes the solvent to do its job?  




Anyway, I give you rusted nails. :)













I used Zoya Loredana as a base, with sponged rust consisting of H&M Rust (meant to be!), Barielle Coco Bar, and Finger Paints Cordur-Orange.  Sponged some Essie Matte About You over the rusted bits so they would still have texture, but wouldn't be shiny.